Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty – Effective March 15, 2021
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY is given by LIGHT EQUINE, LLC (“Lighthoof”) whose address is 13620 Old Snohomish Monroe Rd, Snohomish, WA 98290, to you, the original retail purchaser of Lighthoof Mud Management Panels.
WHAT THE WARRANTY COVERS
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY TO DEFECTS IN MATERIAL OR WORKMANSHIP
For a period of ten (10) years, commencing on the date the purchased Lighthoof Mud Management Panels (“panels”) depart our warehouse, Lighthoof will deliver new panels adequate to replace any defective panels for the Replacement Price as described. If panels contain any non-cosmetic defect which is a direct result of the material or the workmanship used in manufacturing, replacement shall be based upon a prorated remaining warranty (“Replacement Price”). For purposes of this Warranty, the term Replacement Price will mean the fractional price of the panels needed to replace the defective panels at the time that the replacement panels are ordered. Replacement Cost = (years since panels purchased/10) * current retail cost of Lighthoof panels required.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Damage to, or defect in, the panels resulting from fires, floods, storms, accidents, acts of God, or from alteration, misuse, improper care, or abuse of the product by any person, animal, or foreign object whatsoever. This includes, but is not limited to, pawing, digging, chewing of the panels by animals.
- Installation of the panels or of the replacement panels, or damage or defects resulting, directly or indirectly, from any act or omission in the installation of the panels, regardless of whether the panels are installed by an individual approved by Lighthoof or installed by any other individual in compliance with specifications and requirements provided by or on behalf of Lighthoof. Improper installation includes, but is not limited to, incorrect gravel selection, incomplete gravel compaction, and improper edge protection of panels.
- Damage to real property, personal property, or animals, livestock, or any other incidental or consequential damages arising out of any defect of materials or workmanship in the manufacturing of the panels or out of any act, omission, representation, or warranty of Lighthoof its agents, employees, or servants.
- Panels not purchased directly through Lighthoof.com or their designated representative.
- Panels purchased before the effective date of this Warranty.
- Warranty claims by any person or entity not the original retail purchaser of the panels.
- Any panels provided free of charge through a marketing promotion.
- Panels sold outside of the USA.
- Shipping of replacement panels, labor, stone, fabric, or any other costs outside of the replacement of the actual panels themselves.
- Damage caused by Buyer or by any third party in the course of loading, unloading, or installation of the panels, or other damage otherwise caused at any time by buyer or third party.
- Lighthoof reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its products, including replacement products without notice to the consumer/buyer.
REMEDIES AND LIMITATIONS
Your sole remedy under this Limited Warranty Agreement shall be the replacement of the Panels as set forth above. We will not remove the current panels nor install the replacement material.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LIGHTHOOF EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESSED WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. LIGHTHOOF SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, ANY OTHER EXPRESSED WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. IF THE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, LIGHTHOOF HEREBY LIMITS THE DURATION OF ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE THE PANELS WERE DELIVERED TO YOU.
If notwithstanding the above provision, there should arise any liability on the part of Lighthoof for implied warranties of any nature or for express warranties other than as set forth herein or for any act or omission of Lighthoof or its agents or employees, such liability shall be limited to an amount equal to Two Hundred Fifty and no/100 Dollars ($250.00).
Such liability is fixed as total damages and not as a penalty and this liability shall be complete and exclusive. The provisions of this paragraph shall apply to all loss or damage of whatever nature arising from any act, omission, representation, warranty, agreement of Lighthoof, its agents or employees, including, but not limited to, loss to personal property and/or livestock or cattle. You agree to this damages clause if, notwithstanding the provisions hereinabove, there should arise any liability on Lighthoof other than expressly set forth in this Limited Warranty.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE
If a problem with the panels develops during the Warranty Period, call Lighthoof at (800) 279-4716. Inform the Lighthoof representative that you have purchased the panels and are protected under this Warranty. Leave your name, address, telephone number, and a description of the nature of the defect with the representative. In addition, you must send a letter stating the information requested above, together with proof of purchase and proof acceptable to Lighthoof, of the actual defect and extent of the defect (e.g., pictures or samples), by certified or registered mail to the address referenced above. Lighthoof reserves the right to inspect any alleged defect in the product including, but not limited to, photos, video, and a site visit. Lighthoof, upon its sole reasonable determination that a defect in material or workmanship does exist, will deliver the replacement panels within thirty (30) days of its receipt of the written request and the prorated Replacement Price unless prohibited from doing so by an act of God, strike, boycott, unavailability of parts and materials, or any other activity beyond its control, in which case, Lighthoof will diligently pursue its obligations hereunder. You may be required to return the defective product at your cost. Lighthoof reserves the right, should it independently select to do so, to refund prorated Replacement Price as fulfillment of this Warranty. You will be responsible for all costs of shipping the replacement panels.
SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS:
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY GIVEN BY LIGHT EQUINE, LLC. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES, WARRANTIES, UNDERSTANDINGS OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY LIGHTHOOF THAT ARE NOT SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT.