Like most products designed for horses, there are differences in Lighthoof’s materials and manufacturing that make it suitable for long-term horse use (abuse!). We know that there are other ground support products out there and that most are not meant to hold up for long-term use with animals. Lighthoof has been in use exclusively on horse farms for over a decade!
- Made in the USA - Our products are manufactured right here in Houston, TX. We DO NOT import our panels from China!
- US, Woman-Owned Business – Originally named Hoof Base, Lighthoof continues to be owned and operated by Kelly Munro of Snohomish, WA.
- Free Shipping – No minimum, shipping is included in the continental USA. This has a retail value of up to $80 per panel!
- Longevity - The material we use is certified by the EPA for a minimum of 70 years. Lighthoof includes a 10-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Lighthoof’s cells are 3” tall and 5.5” in diameter (at the widest aperture). This provides the correct ratio within the panels to have enough passive resistance from gravel compression while dispersing the load across multiple cellular walls simultaneously.
- Unique Cell Geometry - A horse exerts a tremendous amount of pressure on the ground. The psi exerted on the ground by a standing human is 2-3 psi. A walking person and a passenger car exert between 8-12 psi. A standing 1,250 lb horse approximately 25 psi and a galloping horse up to 500 psi. These extreme forces present unique challenges for dispersing that load and creating a cellular confinement geometry that can handle the ground pressure exerted during pawing, running, and sliding.
- Connectors Included – 40 heavy-duty zip ties are included with each panel for a metal-free installation.
- Buy Direct from the Experts – when you call, chat or email Lighthoof, you will interact with a professional that is a lifelong equestrian with firsthand installation experience.
- Flexible, Conforming Panels –Lighthoof’s flexible system conforms to the ground. This is important in areas that experience frost heave. There are no sharp corners to pop up and become uneven. Rocks that may surface in the spring will not push an individual panel out of alignment with surrounding panels. Because Lighthoof utilizes significantly less plastic to manufacture than rigid panels, you save on both product and shipping!
- Install Over Current Mud – Lighthoof does not need a gravel sub-base. It may be installed directly over existing mud, without expensive excavation and additional gravel layers.
- Strong Enough for Your Trucks and Tractors – once filled with compacted gravel, you may drive your tractors, trucks, and other vehicles over your panels using only our 3/8” crushed gravel we recommend.
- Use on Slopes – Due to its design, Lighthoof can be installed on slopes exceeding 35°.
- Ownership involvement – unlike other box stores or online retailers, Kelly is directly involved with the daily operations of Lighthoof. As she and her husband invented Lighthoof, they have been using the product daily for the past decade. Staff may consult with her on the most challenging mud remediation questions to ensure that you get the perfect result, every time.
- Designed and Patented for horse use specifically - designed in partnership with her husband, professional engineer and patent holder, Dan Munro, Lighthoof is the only geocell product that may be marketed for equine use. Patent US9103087B2 is in effect for the unique method of supporting hooved animals for livestock-area mud remediation.
We'd love to chat with you about your project and discuss more about why Lighthoof is the long-term mud remediation solution for your farm!
ORDER YOUR Lighthoof PANELS
Lighthoof panels ship free only in the continental US from our warehouse in TX. In the meantime, please feel free to chat with one of our project planners for free tips and resources, so that you can spend less time in the mud and more time in the saddle.